AB11 – Past Activities (2) BRONZE
Past Activities (2)
Vocabularies and Reading (Kosa-kata dan bacaan)
Instruction (Petunjuk): Please read the words related to Past Activities below and understand it. Then, make a sentence from those words. (Bacalah kata-kata yang berhubungan dengan kegiatan masa lampau/kegiatan yang sudah terjadi di bawah ini dan pahamilah. Lalu buatlah sebuah kalimat dari kata-kata tersebut).
- I was in that school last year but now i am not.
- My mother bought some fruits yesterday.
Kata-kata yang ada dalam kurung adalah bentuk present tense, sedangkan yang tidak adalah kata-kata untuk past tense
Listen to the conversation in the video and try to pause then repeat it at least one time to understand the pronunciation. (Dengarkanlah percakapan dalam video dan cobalah mem-pause kemudian ulangi percakapan tersebut minimal satu kali untuk memahami cara pengucapannya).
- Tommy: Hi, Jeff.
- Jeff: Morning, Tommy.
- Tommy: Jeff, can I ask you a question?
- Jeff: Sure, Tom.
- Tommy: Were you at the ball game last night?
- Jeff: No, I wasn’t. I was at the movies.
- Tommy: Oh, I see. Was Dad on my baseball game?
- Jeff: No, he wasn’t. He was at the meeting.
- Tommy: How about Mom? Was she there?
- Jeff: No, Tommy. She wasn’t. She was at her computer class.
- Tommy: How about Katie and Melissa? Were they at my game?
- Jeff: No, they weren’t. They were at the Jennifer Anderson’s birthday party.
- Tommy: I can’t believe it. Mom wasn’t there, Dad wasn’t there, my sisters weren’t there, my brother wasn’t there. Nobody was at my ball game.
- Jeff: That’s not true, Tommy.
- Tommy: Huh?
- Jeff: Somebody was at your ball game.
- Tommy: Who?
- Jeff: Grandma and grandpa were there.
- Tommy: They were?
- Jeff: Yes, they were. You know what they said?
- Tommy: No. What?
- Jeff: You were terrific.
- Tommy: I was terrific?
- Jeff: They said you were great!
- Tommy: Yes!
- Jeff: And, Tommy?
- Tommy: Yeah?
- Jeff: Sorry, I wasn’t there.
- Tommy: That’s okay. Next time.
- Narrator: Did you sleep well last night?
- Man 1: Yes, I did. I was tired.
- Narrator: Did Roger sleep well last night?
- Woman 1: No, he didn’t. He wasn’t tired.
- Narrator: Did you have a big breakfast today?
- Man 2: Yes, we did. We were very hungry.
- Narrator: Did Marcella and Carlos have a big breakfast today?
- Woman 2: No, they didn’t. They weren’t hungry.
Instruction (petunjuk): Fill in the blank spaces based on the conversation in the video that you will hear. Play the video from minute 01:55 until 05:50. (Isilah titik – titik berikut sesuai dengan percakapan di video yang akan kamu dengar. Putarlah video dari menit 01:55 sampai 05:50).
Past Simple with Be (Was/Were)
|‘Yes / No’ Questions with ‘Be’||‘Wh’ Questions with ‘Be’|
|Was I sleepy? Yes, I was.||Why was I sleepy?|
|Were you late? No, you weren’t.||Where were you?|
|Was he at the cinema? Yes, he was.||When was he at the cinema?|
|Was she kind? Yes, she was.||How was she?|
|Was it hot? Yes, it was.||How was it?|
|Were we hungry? Yes, we were.||Why were we hungry?|
|Was she at school? No, she wasn’t.||When were they at work?|
|Was/Were + Adjective||Was/Were + Adverb of Place and Time||Was/Were + Noun|
|I was sad.||I was at the office.||I was a nurse.|
|She was upset.||We were in the hospital.||It was a ghost.|
|They were happy.||It was at 11pm.||They were my nephews.|
|We were bored.||They were at shopping center.||It was an accident.|
|He was angry.||It was two days ago.||We were junior high school.|
Instruction (petunjuk): Complete this paragraph with the correct form of simple past tense. (Lengkapilah paragraf berikut ini dengan bentuk yang benar dari simple past tense).